Getting rid of Samsung’s Magazine UX and the whole Touchwiz UI was the first thing I did after testing out the new Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. The Magazine UX wasn’t horrible, but it’s no where near as good as the Google Now Launcher. Getting the Google Now Launcher on the new Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1, or Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, is extremely easy.
Prior to beginning the below steps it would be advised to get rid of all of the applications and widgets that are on your current launcher’s screens. Leaving them there will be a battery drain on your NotePro 12.2, TabPro 8.4, or TabPro 10.1. Here are the steps on how to install Google Now Launcher on Galaxy devices.
1. Allow installation of unknown sources
- Allow sources of non market apps
2. Download the Launcher
- Link – > http://d-h.st/iNW
3. Set the launcher as your default
- Click home button
- Tap Google Now Launcher when prompted on which launcher to use
- Tap always