Apple on Tuesday released the new version of iPad Air tablet with a thinner chassis and weighing only 1 pound (456 grams), which is the easiest tablet in the world. The new iPad Air processor is twice faster than the previous version in the endowment, says Business Insider.
iPad Air has a new battery life of approximately 10 hours, having a A7 chip set, introduced last month with the iPhone 5S will be available for sale in the U.S. on November 1.
Everything is about iPad Air now, the fifth generation of the iPad tablet, Apple released at their conference.
Here are the technical details of the new tablet:
– Thickness of 7.5 mm (from 9.4 mm to iPad 4).
– A7 chip that is found on the iPhone 5S .
– Weight of 456 grams (iPad 4 was having 662 grams)
– Battery life will remain about the same (around 10 hours).
– iPad Air keeps its Retina Display screen of 9.7-inch diagonal, but has a much thinner frame.
– The design was inspired by the iPad Mini.
– 720p FaceTime Camera of 1.2 megapxeli was replaced with one that can record in Full HD at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
– iPad Air will have two microphones for better video quality.
Apple also released Tuesday the second generation of the iPad Mini. It has also a 7.9 inch screen, but this time is Retina Display type (2048 x 1536 pixels). iPad Mini 2 is also having the A7 processor. Both iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 will be available in black colors.
The new iPad Air can be purchased for a price that starts at $499 (for the 16GB version), reaching $700 (for the 64GB version).